Sports- One-Liners- for various competitive examinations- July 5th, 2019
Thank You all for landing on the page of Sports.
The subject Sports plays an important role in various competitive examinations conducted by various organizations.
Sports One-Liners help a lot.
It plays an important role in various competitive examinations conducted by various organizations.
The bits help a lot.
Some of the Sporting events -One Liners are as follows
1- Name the oldest male player to win the French Open.
a) Andre Vacherot
b) Andre Gobert
c) Max Decugis
d) Henri Cochet.
2- This award among the following is given for sports coaching in India.
a) Dhyan Chand Award
b) Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna
c) Arjuna Awards
d) Dronacharya Award
3- This traditional sport(Jallikattu) is played in Tamil Nadu and neighbouring states of India.
a) Goat fight
d) Bullfight and bullock-cart racing.
4- This term is used in Lawn Tennis.
5- This day is celebrated as the national sports day of India.
a) October 11
b) September 14
c) August 29
d) April 6
6- Name the oldest female player to win the French Open.
a) Zsuzsa Kormoczy
b) Nelly Landry
c) Andrea Temesvari
d) Jan Lehane.
7- This is the national sport of Canada.
b) Field hockey
d) Lacrosse/Ice hockey.
8- The Commonwealth game started in?
9- This Country has won the Cricket world cup for the maximum number of times.
a) West Indies
b) Sri Lanka
10- This country has hosted Commonwealth Games for the maximum number of times.
c) New Zealand
11- The term Caddie relates to-
12- Name the country that has Bandy as the national sport.
13. Because of World War I, the Olympic Games were cancelled in-
14- In which year and by which country, the Olympic Games were first started?
a) Greece (1890)
b) France (1894)
c) Greece (1896)
d) France (1924)
15- Name the place where Asian Games have been hosted for a maximum number of times.
1- Andre Vacherot
* He was a French male tennis player. He won the French Championships on 1894, 1895, 1896, and 1901.
2- Dronacharya Award
* Dronacharya Award was instituted in 1985.
3- Bullfight and bullock-cart racing
* Jallikattu is a bull taming sport in Tamil Nadu as a part of Pongal celebrations.
* The term Deuce comes into play when both opposing players have won three points.
5- August 29
* 29th August has been declared by the Indian government as Sports Day in honour of Major Dhyan Chand.
6- Zsuzsa Kormoczy
* Zsuzsa Kormoczy, a female tennis player from Hungary, She won the singles title at the 1958 French Championships at the age of 33.
7- Lacrosse/Ice hockey
14- Greece (1896)
Watch more Sports news here
Watch Current Affairs section for here
Facebook Comments Box
(Visited 148 times, 1 visits today)