Space One-Liners for various competitive examination
Thank You for landing the Space section page.
Maximum questions come from this portion of different competitive exams.
Here are some important Space one-liners for students competing for various exams
Watch some of the important Bits below.
1- The Planets in our Solar System are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto (currently considered as a dwarf planet).
2-Mercury is the smallest and it has no Natural Satellites. It is the shortest of all the planets in the Solar System.
* Its orbital period around the Sun is of 88 days and it is the innermost planet in the Solar System.
3-Venus is the second planet orbiting it every 224.7 Earth days.
* Venus has no Natural Satellites. Venus rotates in the opposite direction to most other planets.
* It is the second brightest object with a magnitude of between -3.8 to -4.6, in the night sky after the Moon and the Atmospheric pressure on Venus is 92 times greater than the Earth’s.
* Venus planet is often called the Earth’s sister planet due to its similar size and composition.
* It is named after the Roman goddess of love and beauty.
* Surface Temperature is 462 °C. It can reach 471 °C.
* Venus has a diameter of 12,104 km.
* The planet is thought to be made up of a central iron core, rocky mantle, and silicate crust.
* It does not have any moons or rings.
* A day on the surface of Venus (solar day) takes 117 Earth days.
* Venus is also known as the Morning Star and the Evening Star.
* Mayan astronomers made detailed observations of Venus as early as 650 AD.
* Venus is the hottest planet in our solar system.
* More than 1,000 volcanoes or volcanic centers larger than 20 km have been found on the surface of Venus.
* The Soviet Union’s Venera 3 was the first man-made craft to land on Venus in 1966.
Also, watch another post on Space here
Watch Current Affairs section for here
Facebook Comments Box
(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)