Polity One-Liners for various competitive examination
Thank You for landing the Polity section page.
Here are some important Polity one-liners for students competing for various exams
Watch some of the important Polity Bits below.
1- The Parliament consists of the President and two houses the Lok Sabha (house of people) and Rajya Sabha(Council of states).
2-The Parliament is the Union Legislature of India.
3-Article 79 to 123 in Part-V deals with the provisions of the Parliament.
1–Lower House of the Parliament is called Lok Sabha and it is also known as the first Chamber.
2- Members of Lok Sabha are directly elected by the people.
3- Total membership is fixed at 552 by the Constitution. Their distribution among the States and Union Territories are as follows-
* 530 representatives from the states.
* 20 members from the Union Territories.
* 2 Anglo Indian members nominated by the President if such community has not been adequately represented
* Term of Lok Sabha is normally 5 years but it can be dissolved earlier by the President.
* Its term can be extended beyond 5 years by the Parliament. This can be done during the proclamation of emergency (Under Art 352).
* The Speaker presides over the Lok Sabha.
* Speaker and Deputy Speaker are elected by the members of Lok Sabha
* The Speaker continues in his office even if Lok Sabha is dissolved.
* He/she holds the office till the new Lok Sabha meets
* Deputy Speaker performs the duties of the speaker if the office of the speaker falls vacant.
* If the office of the Deputy Speaker is also vacant, duties of the Speaker shall be performed by a member of the house appointed by the President.
* If the Speaker wants to resign, the letter of resignation should be addressed to the Deputy Speaker and vice-versa.
* Up to the 10th Lok Sabha, both the Speaker and Deputy Speaker were usually from ruling party
4-Constitution 61st Amendment Act (1987) has reduced the age of voting from 21 to 18 years.
Watch more Polity here
Watch Current Affairs section for here
Facebook Comments Box
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)