Physics one-liners for various competitive examinations
Welcome to the Physics Section page.
We know the importance of general awareness, GK (General Knowledge) in various competitive exams for aspirants.
We are publishing general awareness notes and study material on various subjects daily.
These Physics notes are extremely useful for all exams including Bank Exams.
Watch Physics One-Liners
1- An ammeter is an instrument used to measure electric current.
2-The time rate of change of displacement of a body is called its velocity.
* An object is said to be moving with uniform velocity if it undergoes equal displacements in equal intervals of time.
* An object is said to be moving with non-uniform or variable velocity if it undergoes unequal displacement in equal intervals of time.
* Average velocity = Time Displacement/ Total time taken
* Velocity = Displacement/Time
3-The distance covered by a moving body in a unit time interval is called its speed.
* When a body travels for equal times with speeds v1 and v2, then average speed is the arithmetic mean of the two speeds
* When a body travels equal distances with speed v1 and v2, then average speed is the harmonic mean of the two speeds
2/v= 1/v1+ 1/v2 i.e v= 2v1v2/v1+v2
*Speed = Distance Travelled/Time taken
4-The time rate of change of velocity of a body is called its acceleration.
* Acceleration at an instant of time is known as instantaneous acceleration.
* When the velocity of a body increases with time, then its acceleration is positive and if velocity decreases with time, then its acceleration is negative called deceleration or retardation.
* If acceleration does not change with time, it is said to be constant acceleration.
* Acceleration = Change in velocity/Time taken
* It is a vector quantity.
5-A large force which acts on a body for a very short interval of time and produces a large change in its momentum is called an impulsive force.
* Its unit is newton-second.
6-Friction is a force which opposes the relative motion of the two bodies when one body actually moves or tries to move over the surface of another body.
Also, watch other Physics bits here
Also watch Current Affairs here
Facebook Comments Box
(Visited 37 times, 1 visits today)