Indian History Questions and Answers
1.Where was the central point or meeting point of Indo-Roman trade?
2. Which Sangam composition is known as ‘The Bible of Tamil Land’?
3. Which Indian bird or animal was widely exported during the Sangam Age?
4. Who was the last ruler of Nanda dynasty?
Answer: Dhana Nanda
5. Who were the richest and biggest land owning class during the Sangam Age?
6. Who was the founder of Haryanka dynasty?
7. Who wrote Shilappdikaram in Sangam Literature?
Answer: Elango Adigal
8. Indra Vihara was the monastery of which religion?
9. How many literary compositions were there in Sangam Literature?
10. What was called Iravu during the Sangam Age?
Answer: Extra demands or forced gift.
11. Udiyageral was a ruler of which dynasty?
Answer: Chera dynasty
12. The students of Sangam Age were called by which name?
13. Who was the founder of Maurya Empire?
Answer: Chndragupta Maurya
14. Which particular site is believed to represent the meeting point of the three Sangam Kingdoms?
15. Where was the second Sangam Literature held?
Answer: At Kapatapuram or Alaiway
16. Who was the composer of ‘Manimekalai’?
Answer: Sitalai Sattanar
17. The Gold coin of Gupta period in inscriptions called?
18. Where was the capital of Magadha?
Answer: Giribraj (Rajgriha)
19. Kumaragupta was a worshipper of whom?
20. What was the early name of Chanakya?
21. What was the state emblem of Pandya rulers?
22. Which type of village was known as Mudur in Sangam Age?
Answer: Old village
23. Samudragupta was a worshipper of which God?
24. Who was known as Nepolean of India?
25. What were Mauryans called by Jainism and Buddhism?
26. Which religion proof ressed during the Gupta period?
27. In which period was the art of temple building commenced?
Answer: Gupta period
28. Which period is known as ‘Golden Age’ of Indian History ?
Answer: Gupta period
29. By which name was Chandragupta II famous?
30. Koshal is the region of which state?
31. Who was the founder of ancient dynasty of Magadha?
32. Who was the Inportant king of koshal State?
33. Who was the father of Jarasandh?
34. Which was the most popular coin commenced by Samudragupta?
35. In which region were 16 Mahajanpada situated?
Answer: North India