History One-Liners for various competitive examination
Thank You for landing the History section page.
Maximum questions come from this portion of different competitive exams.
Here are some important History one-liners for students competing for various exams
Watch some of the important Bits below.
1-Dadabhai Naoroji(1825 – 1917) is also known as Indian Gladstone and Grand Old Man of India.
* He wrote a book ‘Poverty & Un British Rule in India (in 1901).
* He was the first Indian selected to ‘House of Commons’ on Liberal Party ticket.
2-Bal Gangadhar Tilak(1857 – 1920)
* He founded two newspapers namely The Maharatta (in English) and Kesari (in Marathi).
* In 1916, Tilak founded the Home Rule League. He helped in ushering in the Lucknow Pact and the Reforms Act at the Amritsar Congress in 1919.
* First nationalist leader who joined the INC in 1891.
* He formed the Bal, Pal, Lai group of extremists and caused a split in the Surat Congress in 1907.
* He was called as ‘Father of Indian Unrest’ by Valentine Shirol.
* His popular books are ‘The Arctic Home of Vedas’ & ‘Gita Rahasya’.
3-Subhas Chandra Bose((1897 – 1945)
* Bose was born on Jan 23, 1897, at Cuttack. He is popularly known as Netaji.
* Bose founded the Independence for India League with Jawahar Lai Nehru.
* Forward Block was founded by him in 1939.
* In the year 1920, Bose passed the Indian Civil Services Examination, but left it on the Mahatma Gandhiji’s call of Non – Cooperation Movement.
* In 1943, Subhas Chandra Bose took charge of Indian National Army in Singapore and set up the Indian Provisional Government there. Bose gave the war cry of ‘Dilli Chalo’.
* Bose has called Mahatma Gandhi as the Father of the Nation. He gave the slogan of ‘Jai Hind’. He wrote his autobiography ‘The Indian Struggle’.
* His death remained a mystery. Bose supposedly died in a plane crash on Aug 18, 1945.
Also, watch another post on History here
Watch Current Affairs section for here
(Visited 54 times, 1 visits today)