History -Important Points
1-Muhammad Bin Qasim invaded Sind & Multan in 712 A.D.
2. Dargah of Moin –ud-din Chisti – Ajmer.
3. Madhubani painting – Bihar
4. Jalal-ud-din Khilji (1290-1296) was the founder of Khilji Dynasty.
5. Khajuraho temples were built by Chandellas in Chattarpur district of M.P.
6.Razia Sultan (1236-40A.D.) daughter of Iltutmish was 3rd rular of slave dynasty.
7. Dargah of Sheikh Salim Chisti – Fatehpur Sikri, UP
8. Mahayana sect of Buddhism encouraged image worship.
9. The period from 1206-1526 A.D. is known as the Sultanate Period
10. Sun temple in Konark (Orissa) – Black Pagoda.
11. .Muhammad Ghori:- defeat Prithviraj Chauhan in 1192A.D.in the second battle of Tarain.
He appointed Qutab-ud- din Aibak as his governor. In the first battle Prithiviraj defeated Muhammad Ghori in 1191 A.D.
12. National Museum – New Delhi , Indian Museum – Kolkatta , Prince of Wales Museum – Mumbai and Salarjung Museum – Hyderabad.
13.The Gol Gumbaz at Bijapur has the largest dome in the world.
14. The tabligh movement was started by the muslim communalists to promote conversion to Islam.
15- Mahabalipuram is famous for the Rathas and the Shore temple (built by Pallava ruler Narasimhavarman II) .
16-The first Slave rular of Slave dynasty was Qutab-ud-din Aibak.(slave of Muhammad Ghori).
He built two mosques – one at Delhi, called Quwat-ul-Islam, & the other at Ajmer called Dhai Din ka Jhompra.
He also started construction of Qutab Minar, later completed by Illtutnish in 1210A.D.
17- Early rulars are called the Mameluks or Slaves. So the whole dynasty is called the Slave dynasty.
18- Warli paintings – Maharashtra.
19- Mahmud (rular of Ghazni) was the first Turk invader .He attacked India 17 times during the course of 25 years (1001-25 A.D.). Mahmud attacked Nagarkot in 1009AD. He attack Somnath temple in Kathiawar in 1025 A.D.. Many scholars lived at his court such as Firdausi , the author of Shahnama , a biography of Mahmud. Al Beruni was also a great scholar of his times.
20- Iltutmish was 2nd slave rular.(1210-1236A.D.)
21- Ghiyas-ud-din Balban (1266-86AD) – to face the foreign dangers, he adopted the policy of Blood & Iron .
He was the greatest of the slave kings.In 1290 AD slave dynasty came to an end.
22-Congress Working Committee on 12 February 1922 decided to popularize Charkha, to promote Hindu- Muslim unity and to oppose untouchability.
23-The group of nobles called “The Forty” raised Nasir –ud-din Mahmud to throne.(1246-1266)
24-The Jain temples at Mt. Abu are the finest monuments of the Solanki kings of Gujrat.
25- Brihadeswara is the Chola temple in Tanjore built by Rajaraja Chola