Energy -Important Points
1. Gasohol is a fuel mixture of 10% ethanol and 90% gasoline.
2. Sites selected for Nuclear Energy Parks in India are Haripur in West Bengal, Mith Virdi in Gujrat, Jaitpur in Maharashtra, Kovvada in Andhra Pradesh and Kudamkulam in Tamil Nadu
3. Ethanol is also known as grain alcohol.
4.Three Gorges Dam is the world’s largest hydro-electric project in Central Hubei Province, China.
5. An uncontrolled nuclear fusion will lead to hydrogen bomb.
6. First solar cell was build by C.F. Schonbein.
7. Nuclear Fusion reaction involves the use of deuterium and tritium.
8. ITER is being built in France.
9. Three Gorges Dam is the world’s largest hydro-electric project in Central Hubei Province, China.
10. Solar photovoltaic cells are usually made of magnesium.
11. India’s most promising geothermal field is in Puga valley in Laddakh.
12. World Energy Summit was held in Abu Dhaabi in January, 2010.
13- Deuterium oxide in common parlance is called heavy water.