1.Pulse rate in well trained athletes is 40-60. Pulse rate in new born babies is 100-150.
2. Stethoscope was discovered by Rene Laennac in 1816.
3.In amoeba, hydra materials are transported through Brownian movement.
4.Coronary vessels supply blood to the muscles of heart.
5.The larger artery is called aorta rises from upper part of the left ventricle.
6. Heart is covered by two layers called pericardial membranes.
7.William Harvey described about double circulation of blood.
8.The cardiac cycle (contraction and relaxation) completes in 0.8 seconds.
9. Swelling of feet after overnight journey is called edema.
10. No. of beats/min in Blue whale are 7 and 1200 in coaltit (bird).
11.Girolano Fabrici observed valves in the leg veins.
12.Capillaries in the legs of bat observed by Marcello Malpighi in 1661.
13.Evaporation of water through stomata of leaves is called transpiration
14. Transportation of sugars (food) in plants occurs through phloem and water through xylem.
15.Thalassemia major can be cured by bone marrow transplantation.
16. Blood clots in 3-6 min.
17.Thrombokinase released by platelets plays an important role in blood coagulation.
18.The straw yellowish colour liquid portion after formation of blood clot is serum.
19.Normal blood pressure in healthy man is 120/80 (systole/ diastole).
20. Rhesus factor (Rh) was first discovered in Rhesus monkeys.
21.Sphygmo manometer is used for measuring blood pressure.
22.Nematyhelmenths (round worm) pseudopodium conducts transportation of materials.
23.Vitamin ‘K’ helps in coagulation of blood.
24.Blood does not coagulate in the case of hemophilia.
25. Transportation of materials happens through gastro vascular cavity in Cnidarians (hydra, jelly fish)
(Visited 25 times, 1 visits today)