1. The sub scheme of Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana was started w.e.f. – 2011-12
2. Watershed Development Project in shifting Cultivation Areas scheme was started w.e.f.- 1992-93
3. Presently, the land degraded soils in India is about- 120.41 million hectares
4. National Bamboo Mission a centrally sponsored scheme was launched in the year- 2006-07
5. The world food day by FAO is celebrated each year on – 17th October
6.The World Food Programme jointly with UN & FAO was set up in the year- 1963
7.National Mission on Micro Irrigation was started w.e.f. – 2005-06
8. Small Farmers Agri-Business Consortium, New Delhi was registered on 18th January – 1994
9. A Pivatal Organization under the Deptt. of Agriculture & Cooperation was established in the year- 1958
Agriculture Schemes :-
1. Price Stabilization Fund Scheme (PSFS) for Tea, Coffee and tobacco growers was launched in April 2003.
2. National Agriculture Insurance Scheme (NAIS) – implemented from rabi 1999-2000 season.
3. Micro Irrigation Scheme – launched in Jan. 2006 to promote WUE by adopting drip and sprinkler irrigation.
4. National Horticulture Mission was started in 2005-06.